"The Power of Handwritten Notes!"
by Barbara Patinkin
You can receive recognition, promote good will, build customer loyalty and make a memorable impression with a simple three
or four line handwritten note.
Staying in front of your customers/clients and prospects can
improve sales. "It takes seven to 10 impressions to get a sale
and begin to build a relationship." so writes my favorite sales
guru Jeffery Gitomer. “I am not referring to email, but a note
in an envelope with a cool stamp on it.”
And this advise from C.J. Hayden, business coach and author
of Get Clients Now: "To most people, an anonymous brochure received in the mail is merely junk. A personal, handwritten
note on attractive stationery will get someone's attention. Why? Because you took the time to write it. It makes the recipient feel special. And that's how he or she wants to feel as your customer."
A few reasons to send a note:
- Always acknowledge an order or referral with a thank you note.
- Copy an article about industry trends or activities of a competitor with an FYI note attached.
- Send congratulations when you see a customer/client whois being cited for a personal or business achievement.
- Send an article sharing a possible business connection.
Follow these simple principles:
- BEGIN with the reason you are writing
- "Enclosed is our proposal on your project."
- "Thought this article would be of interest."
- Keep it brief and to the point. Don't overdue descriptions, keep it simple and direct.
- CLOSE with future possibilities
- "Thank you for this opportunity."
- "Your consideration is appreciated."
- "Looking forward to being of service."
- "Will call you next week for next steps."
- A customer will respond with an expression of appreciation for your effort and/or thoughtfulness.
- Sometimes you will get a “call back” or get through to a prospect you have been trying to reach.
- The best result . . . an order.
Good luck and...stay in touch!
Click here to view our great selection of personalized stationery!